BLOG #1 THE COLLEGE FRESHMAN

Wednesday, May 18, 2011
MY experience at T.C.I. has been quite interesting. I didn't really know what to expect in the beginning but these last 2 week's has definitely been a challenge for me. After reading the book "COLLEGE RULES" by Nist-Olejnik and Holschuh i must first thank them for all the detailed information that they provided. I realized that the first and most important tool i needed to use was my PATIENCE because without it my life would be pure chaos. Once i felt that was in tact i decided to work on my approach towards better learning. As the book mentioned "TIME MANAGEMENT" is a MUST!!! So in order for me to begin my "CLEAN SLATE PHENOMENON" i had to make sure i was doing better now then what i have done in the past which is,


  1. Setting my priorities


  2. Utilizing my time more sufficiently


  3. Studying for classes


The fast pace of the college world is quite challenging there is so much to do in such little time. So it's my responsibility to be
  • Punctual - so that i don't missing anything and fall behind.


  • Independent - being able to work alone on any assignment given


  • Inquisitive - never afraid to ask any question's for help.

Which leads me into the second chapter of the book KNOWING, UNDERSTANDING, and most IMPORTANT using the resources around me for assistance. "IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD" Well T.C.I. my teacher's are my parents i am the child and along with my peer's we all make up the village. I will do my best to not end up like Leslie did as far as not having any sort of relationship with her teacher's if i can help it. So in the end I pray to accomplish what I set out to do which is Graduate from college and most importantly not to disappoint myself nor my teacher's...






1 comments:

  1. Excellent!!! Well done! I really enjoyed reading this.
    Blog Score: 5

Post a Comment